About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious, Test Plot Supervisor, who wants to become part of our R&D Farming Team.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is to coordinate all cultural practices, picking and data collection tasks in the test plot to secure best data outcomes for breeders and variety developers to make decisions.”
R&D Farming is responsible for the execution of research trials designed by breeders, variety developers, nursery or applied research. You have to be a team player and collaborate with all involved departments and also develop a good working environment for all employees.
You are responsible for the coordination of the ‘field’ test plot team in order to executive test plot tasks in a correct and efficient farming way. You also have to supervise general field works (field cultivation, tunnelling, trellising, crop husbandry. Besides that:
- You support and assist ‘The Crop supervisor’ to guarantee a good daily picking and data entry for all crops.
- You have to recruit new field workers and ensure sufficient labour availability.
- You also have to ensure field staff have adequate resources and training to perform their duties and be responsible for ordering supplies as necessary
- You organize servicing, maintenance and repairs of machinery and equipment
- You proactively develop new methods of operating that result in better quality and more efficient farming
- You assist the test plot manager with the necessary information on works development, planning and the execution of written Standard Operating Procedures for test plot activities
- You are responsible for executing or coordinating any post-harvest tasks like flavour tastings or shipping tests.
You will work mainly from our test plot location in Spain. So your Spanish has to be fluent, but as your co-workers our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must also be excellent. As we deal with fresh fruit our business does not commit itself to Monday until Friday.
- You have experience in managing large teams on commercial farms with demonstrable management skills;
- You are a team player, have an open-minded and flexible attitude and will respond positively to different opinions and changing priorities within the test plot
- Have good organisational skills, the ability to manage a number of tasks at once and capable to handle pressure
- Have a flexible attitude to work hours due to the seasonal nature of the crops
- A background in agronomy would be an advantage and experience in Fruit & Vegetable or Fresh Produce is a big advantage;
- Planning and organizing are words that sound familiar to you;
- You are a people manager and have a strong business sense and entrepreneurial qualities;
- Excellent communication skills, are self-supportive and service oriented;
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated