About the vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated Tax Specialist who shares our passion for berries and wants to become part of our young and energetic team.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION DEPARTMENT
The Finance department is responsible for
- The accurate and timely recording, reconciliation, analysis and statutory
accounting and payroll of the Northern European entities consolidation and reporting of all DEMEA entities to local and global management
- establish and maintain accounting processes and manuals
- compliance with statutory and local legislation and reporting
- Tax compliance and advisory role
GOAL OF THE POSITION / KEY RESULTS AREA
Ensure EMEA compliance with all legislation related to direct (corporate income tax) & indirect taxes (VAT, customs and packaging tax), and liaise with Global Tax team (transfer pricing).
- Ensure updated and accuracy of guidelines for all matters related to tax
- Ensure compliance of all legal entities with the guidelines
- Assist in tax accounting activities and review direct and indirect tax calculations for external reporting requirements
- Coordinate Tax audits in local countries
- Identify and mitigate risk
Optimize tax positions:
- Initiate and implement process and improvements related with tax opportunities
- Participate in various project
Other tax related matters:
- Establish and maintain close cooperation with the Global tax team in all tax matters (namely tax provisions, transfer pricing, etc…)
- Manage relationships with tax consultants and local tax authorities
- Provide guidance, advice and trainings within EMEA
- Ensure the IT systems deliver the required indirect tax deliverables
- Increase overall awareness of tax issues.
Supports Finance leads in other matters related to taxes. First point of contact for tax consultants and internal tax requests / updates
We are seeking for a dynamic, resourcefulness and committed Tax specialist
Education & training
- Master degree in tax law or economics / Bachelor degree – Fiscal or Tax
- 5-7 year experience at a large consulting firm and preferably also at a tax department of a multinational company
Skills & behaviors
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excel
- Advanced level of English (Spanish is a plus)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude and self-starting
- Service mindset
- Shows critical sense
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
- You master the English language (verbal and non-verbal). Having a good understanding of another European language (Dutch, French or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
- Driscoll’s leadership competencies
- Strategic Mindset
- Cultivates innovation
- Plans & Aligns
- Drives results
- Drives engagement
- Develops talent
- Other relevant competencies
- International tax knowledge (VAT, CIT & Transfer pricing)
- Tax accounting knowledge
- Occasionally travel
- European driver’s license
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated, thank you