About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious Supply Chain Planner, who wants to become part of our Logistics team. The logistics department makes sure all goods are picked-up and delivered in time from and to our customers, growers and warehouses.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is to take responsibility for the implementation, execution and reviewing of the inbound and outbound processes”
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for the implementation, execution and reviewing of the inbound and outbound processes on the logistics department to be sure we meet and exceed our internal and external customers’ requirements. Achieving high service level to our internal and external customer is key.
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for and connected to a sales region. The transportation flow for this region will be managed by the supply chain planner in cooperation with all the different stakeholders. To be able to manage this flow the supply chain planner has to:
- Attend weekly sales meeting to gather and share information and work with forecasting and planning teams to have accurate information about planned volumes.
- Weekly make a transportation plan for the weeks to come based on expected volumes and customer promotions and thereby involve transportation teams in the regions.
- Follow shipments from beginning to end. In case of any deviation find and present solutions to the different stakeholders.
- Ensure that there is enough transport capacity for next week/month departures and have structurally contact with our customers to discuss customer requirements and challenges to optimize supply chain to the customer.
- Daily contact with the sales representatives, the planning department and transportation teams in the different regions.
- Act on the weekly report to the on-time pick up and delivery KPI’s
- Identify, initiate and execute opportunities to improve the in- and outbound processes
- Weekly meetings with the commercial and planning team on the most optimal flow of fruit through the transportation network.
- Find efficient sustainable solutions for new transportation demands for new customers, growers and regions.
- Explains technical supply chain information within the team and to other stakeholders
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives.
- Plan and monitor transportation be creative in solving issues so high service level will be achieved for our internal and external customers.
- Optimize routes/pricing with a balance offer towards carriers (set a target % of saving).
You will work mainly from the European HQ in Breda. As Your co-workers our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent. This is a flexible and dynamic position and means you will sometimes travel to one of our production-locations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or similar and a more than 5 years of relevant working experience with Supply Chain planning;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of budgeting and economical influences;
- Experience with the transportation of Fruit & Vegetable or Fresh Produce is a big advantage;
- Planning and organizing are words that sound familiar to you;
- You have a strong business sense and entrepreneurial qualities;
- You are also a team player and capable to handle pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, are self-supportive and service oriented.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Linda Ruijten, our HR Business Partner: email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated