About the vacancy
Consumers and tasting panels have shown time and again how popular the unique Driscoll’s varieties are. The development and improvement of new varieties is therefore our priority. To continue this process successfully, we are therefore looking for a Strawberry Breeding Nursery Program Coordinator.
As a Strawberry Breeding Nursery Program Coordinator, you are coordinating the season for the successful execution of the production of plants at our breeding site in Helenaveen (Netherlands) for breeding trials, On Farm Trials and Applied Research trials.
You are therefore responsible for budgeting and planning for the strawberry season and you will represent Breeding Nursery in meetings with partners within the company, to provide support to the business. You have to be proactive in continuous improvements in culture techniques and implement these to supply plants for Driscoll’s variety development pipeline. Are you ready to excel as a Strawberry Breeding Nursery Program Coordinator within Driscoll’s?
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Assist Breeding Nursery Manager (BN Manager) in Budgeting and planning the season according to Breeding Nursery (BN) needs with the information received from Breeder’s team. Be proactive in the improvement in culture techniques used in the Breeding Nursery. Conduct production systems trials, continuous improvement of agricultural practices
- Represent BN Nursery in meetings/discussions with other partners in the North like Plant Supply (Driscoll’s Plants, Clean Stock), Applied Research, and Test Plots and provide results of the meetings in reports.
- Promote good lines of communication between BN North and staff from relevant departments (Test plots, Applied research, Plant supply) and external companies like NAKtuinbouw.
- Organize labor and staff needed together with BN assistant, and assist him when operations overlap in time.
- Development of variety fact sheets in the most advanced selections and their cultivation sheets.
- Establish correct procedures regarding sanitation on site in order to maintain Plant Health standards in the Breeding Nursery. Inform Breeding Nursery Manager when there’s a lack in the compliance.
You have the ideal candidate profile, when you are / have:
Education & training:
- Bachelor in Horticulture with 5-10 years of professional experience in Nursery is preferred;Personal skills:
- Given the responsibilities included in this position, you must be at ease working both in the field and with data; (green fingers) European Driver’s license;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- You must be self-disciplined and able to work independently;
- Experience with Office, Excel and Power Point;
- No 8 to 5 mentality
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
- You master the Dutch and English language (verbal and non-verbal).
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact: Saskia van der Hoest: email@example.com