About the vacancy
As a Service Desk Supervisor, you oversee the Service Desk staff and ensures that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance with Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment and Access Management. In this role you are responsible for managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of all end user incidents and service requests within Driscoll’s. This includes monitoring, tracking and coordinating the Service Desk functions and contributing to problem resolution based on ITIL practices.
In this position you provide support and leadership to the team. As you work on projects you coordinate between the internal departments and you manage strategic implementations. Furthermore, you build strong relationships with your colleagues within the IT department and make sure to give excellent service to key customers.
As the Service Desk Supervisor you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Service Desk deliverables;
- Supervise team on implementing and maintaining Service Desk standards, policies, processes and procedures, aligned with ITIL framework;
- Supervise Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, Access Management and supervise on qeues;
- Implement applicable technologies to effectively manage the client environment regarding security, anti-virus, image and patch management;
- Manage reporting of metrics and Service Level Agreements that effectively measure team, department and vendor performance, and make sure these comply with business needs;
- Continually improve customer satisfaction which include managing customer surveys, monitoring service desk interactions, and helping train service desk staff;
- Key role determining technology direction around client services including desktop/laptop, virtual PCs, mobile devices, and remote access solutions;
- Serve as the escalation point to end-users for desktop support related incidents and requests;
- Support multi-media, teleconferencing, and conference room technologies;
- Manage and serve multiple remote sites and remote employees.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education & training
- Associates degree within a related field of study;
- Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tools and system management software;
- ITIL certified.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in Help Desk, Service Desk, or related service management position;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a people manager or supervisor of technical support team;
- Preferable working in an international dynamic environment.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills;
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills;
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and an advanced level of English;
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Exceptional customer service orientation and a service mindset.
- Travel requirements (20% of the time);
- European driver’s license;
- Occasional weekend and evening shifts are part of the position.
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chains partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.