About the vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager UK/ Ireland, who shares our passion for berries and wants to become part of our young and energetic team.
The Regional Sales Manager is a commercial position responsible for setting and delivering the DEMEA budget in the UK/IRL. The objective is to implement the DEMEA commercial strategy in the UK/IRL region and to lead the execution of the strategy at customer level, whilst maintaining a strong client relationship. Reporting directly to the Group Sales Manager, you will work closely together to ensure that you are executing the regional plan to deliver the overall DEMEA plan. You are responsible for a team of Account managers in Breda, Holland who are executing the daily operation from multiple production areas within the EMEA and South American regions. The job is to lead and support the sales team who are focused on the short-term execution towards the UK/IRL, and be driving forward planning with customers on the medium/ long term. You will have regional accountability and be responsible for the volumes pricing v budget plans and overall regional development.
- Work with the Sales Group Manager on setting the strategic direction for the regions
- Construct strategic plans for customers that ultimately delivers the DEMEA commercial plan and execute together with the Account Managers in account plans.
- Accountable for overseeing the Account Managers execution on the shorter term to ensure that the S&D process is supported and is in balance.
- Accountable for the AM achieving the optimal price for the berries in line with budget and PBM guidance, and provide internal justification for the prices achieved. You are accountable for the AM selling the allocated volume (from previously agreed plans) to the UK IRL and executing, including plans around packaging forecasting.
- Responsible for ensuring the longer term planning (and prospecting) is in place which delivers budgeted goals per account within the regions.
- Responsible for managing customer service at a senior level and creating internal transparency around service level is important
- Responsible for ensuring the region is compliant with DEMEA finance ways of working and meeting KPIs on settlements, debtors claim rates.
- Use statistical analysis, reports to monitor % supply allocation, sales revenue per client to ensure you execute to your plan and work with operations and PBM to ensure that you deliver the grower economic needed in the enterprise
- Building relationship with the clients to optimise sales opportunity is important so you will be expected to visit or host clients and prepare time for performance review.
- Projects, which is considered to be within the scope of responsibility.
Education & training:
• Completed Bachelor (HBO) degree level
• An intimate understanding of the UK retail market is important
• Working experience minimum of 5 years
• Preferably experience in an international and dynamic sales environment
• Knowledge of produce preferable, berries an advantage
• Flexible, fast, pro-active, enthusiastic, self-supportive, service oriented
• Is able to work with the modern software such as excel, word, PowerPoint
• High responsibility level
• Passion for fresh product and interest for food
• High communication and presentation skills
• Team player
• Open for learning new things
• Accurate in administration
• Ability to travel frequently between Netherlands, UK/ IRL and other producing areas is a must (Minimum; every fortnight for at least 2-3 days)
• You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
• You master the English language (verbal and non-verbal). Having a good understanding of another European language (Dutch, French or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu or check with Saskia van der Hoest, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31629710843/ email@example.com.