About the vacancy
The Strategy and Business Enablement function advances Driscoll’s Mission via the identification, design, and execution of the DEMEA business unit’s top strategic goals. The group sits at the intersection of strategy, program management, business solutions, and stakeholder engagement. Centralizing activities ensures proper alignment, agility, visibility, and resourcing as EMEA pursues its growth and transformation agenda.
Who: The Project Manager of Strategic Programs executes the group’s program management activities. The individual is responsible for the design, coordination, and execution of specific, targeted projects to achieve the business unit’s top strategic goals. The Manager of Business Solutions possesses strong leadership skills, including (a) the ability to shape and lead complex, cross-functional projects; and (b) the ability to guide cross-functional teams through programmatic change.
The execution of this role can be done from one of our EMEA offices in; The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal or Morocco.
The Manager of Strategic Programs will have four focus areas:
- Design, coordinate, and deliver projects that fulfill the transformation agenda. On an annual basis, the Manager will work with the Director to translate strategic agendas (i.e., the ‘why’, ‘what’, and ‘how’) into detailed, actionable project plans.
- Lead daily execution of projects. The Manager will directly oversee the project management activities for several of the transformation initiatives, especially those that are highly cross-functional and / or lack a clear project manager. This activity will resemble traditional project management activities: Developing a charter, detailed roadmap, execution plan, success criteria, and leading a project team.
- Resolve and Report: The Manager will resolve day-to-day project issues. They will develop and manage reporting cadence to group Director and to broader Management Team, including progress against success KPIs.
- Drive Continuous Improvement: The Manager will proactively identify Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities across the overall transformation agenda and share recommended mitigation steps among the Strategic Program team and the broader Strategy and Business Enablement Team. The individual is expected to provide input to the Strategy Director on new opportunities and recommendations for how to capture them.
- A successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- At least 5+ years in program / project management
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to work independently with little supervision, influence cross functional team members, initiate new ideas, develop and deploy new systems and develop and train others in new processes
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- They must have excellent business acumen including intellectual curiosity, proven leadership capabilities, and strong analytical skills.
- Must be a creative and conceptual thinker able to understand business needs and envision solutions & opportunities.
- Demonstrated excellence in process management and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required
- Must be able to travel up to 10%, including internationally.
- Lives nearby one of our EMEA offices in The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal or Morocco.
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer you the opportunity to contribute constructively to the growth of our ambitious organization. Our success as a company depends on an environment in which our people are energetic, motivated and driven to perform at the highest level. You can be the linchpin in this! In addition, we offer:
- Profit Sharing based on company results;
- Flexibility; working remote for a few days per week;
- Everyday access to our delightful berries in the office;
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of our ambitious organization;
- Work within a dynamic, young, passionate and international team;
- Family-owned business with strong Mission and Values.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™. For more information, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com.