About the vacancy
As Production Planner you will be responsible for harvest planning Northern Europe and direct exports. Regarding harvest planning you ensure that the berries being picked at our growers in the regions Netherlands, Belgium, Germany & France get picked in the right packaging and send to the right destination. You will be the link between the daily supply forecast and the daily demand forecast as scheduled by Master Scheduling.
Next to your focus on harvest planning in the region Northern Europe, you will support Driscoll’s global exports activities.
Despite the ongoing production growth in EMEA, Driscoll’s business units are supportive to each other and delivering fruit across the globe when necessary. You will coordinate part of the activities and ensure accurate administration.
To be successful in this role, you must align on a daily base with various (international) departments and stakeholders. It is important to continuously be accurate and flexible in the process administration. In this role you have a great responsibility in the execution of Driscoll’s business planning.
As Production Planner you coordinate the day to day challenges regarding production planning. By ensuring a well scheduled harvest planning you play a key role in connecting daily supply and demand. Alignment and planning are essential in this position thus you are responsible for:
- Alignment on status of planning activities and supply & demand situation to internal stakeholders
- Coordination of harvest planning for region Northern Europe
- Coordination of operational & administrative tasks (in Microsoft Dynamics AX) within the planning department
- Timely and accurate planned allocation of harvest orders within the system
- Coordination and administration of global export activities
- Support the development of analysis-tools and processes to further structure the activities and create an optimum on efficiency
- Support your Production Planning team members in Spain, Portugal and Morocco
- Ensure a timely and correct feedback and reporting on findings and results and initiates suggestions for process improvements
- Participating in the weekend duty rotation schedule; the team rotates in a weekend duty schedule to act as point of contact in case of business urgency
As a Production Planner you combine strong communication skills with accuracy skills, with the ambition to grow on a professional level within our berry business. You are an ideal candidate for us if you have the following experience and skills:
- Completed HBO level education (e.g. Commercial Economics, International Business, HAS)
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience is an advantage, preferably in a planning position in which communication and accuracy skills are combined.
- Strong communications skills and able to communicate easily within different organizational levels
- Proficiency of Excel and other Microsoft packages is a must
- Strong administrative and accuracy skills
- Able to work within a high pressure environment
- Teamwork enabler
- Analyzing skills
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Another European language (Dutch / German / Spanish) is a distinct advantage
We offer you a chance to build a young fast-growing brand and be part of an ‘energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities. As you will work in a team with a central role within the company you are able to develop yourself in a way where you will get to know the company and the supply chain very well. In order to complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company, that finds itself in a structurally growing movement.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated