About the vacancy
As Production Planner you will be responsible for harvest planning on your region. You ensure that the berries being picked at our growers in your region get picked in the right packaging and are sent to the right destination. You will be the link between the daily supply forecast and the daily demand forecast as scheduled by Master Scheduling. Next to your focus on harvest planning, you will support Driscoll’s global exports activities. Despite the ongoing production growth in EMEA, Driscoll’s business units are supportive to each other and delivering fruit across the globe when necessary. You will coordinate part of the activities and ensure accurate administration. When support is needed you also help the team with the harvest planning for other regions and the direct exports.
As Production Planner you coordinate the day-to-day challenges regarding production planning. You play a key role in connecting daily supply and demand by ensuring a well scheduled harvest planning. Alignment and planning are essential in this position. In this position you are responsible for:
- Review short term supply forecasts with growers and crop forecasting and provide an analytic review taking into account field observations, grower feedback and data.
- Preview master schedules to identify gaps or risks to coordinate Master Scheduling adjustments in order to increase meeting S&OP objectives.
- Analyze packaging planning on grower ranch level and identifying risks to grower profitability.
- Propose solutions to close gaps or reduce risks in Master Schedule.
- Plan master schedule on grower ranch level.
- Coordinate daily distribution planning relating to harvest order preparation and hard allocation of Sales/Transfer orders.
- Develop and manage processes to effectively align master schedule to execute customer order requirements.
- Drive efficiency through continuous improvement and process development with stakeholders.
- Act as a S&OP communication hub to the organization (Grower Operations, Crop Forecast, Master Scheduling, Packaging, Logistics, 3PL’s).
- Coordinate and administrate Global Export activities.
- Support cross regional Production Planning activities.
- Support Plants scheduling activities.
- Supervising season support.
- Ensure a timely and correct feedback and reporting on findings and results and initiates suggestions for process improvements.
- Participating in duties to act as point of contact in case of business urgency.
Education & Experience
- Experience in an international working environment
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and non-verbal);
- Another European language (Dutch / German / Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
- Teamwork enabler;
- Analyzing skills;
- Proficiency of Excel and other; Microsoft packages is a must.;
- Strong administrative and accuracy skills;
- Able to work within a high pressure environment;
- Strong communications skills and able to communicate easily within different organizational level;
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.