About the vacancy
What is bigger than bananas and hotter than chocolate?
As a product manager you are the gatekeeper of delight. You translate commercial wishes and requirements into product specifications; for existing and new concepts. Safeguarding our product leadership position in the market.
Within Driscoll’s it’s all about our fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
Our unique high quality berries give us the opportunity to change consumer behavior, leading to increased berry consumption. As a Product manager you will execute and lead the berry specific product strategy; making sure we execute the plan according set timelines and product specifications.
In the position of Product manager you are always on the hunt to increase the level of delight of our berries. Looking into the whole chain from breeding to consumer, trying to find a way to delight our consumers even more. You are pro-active and always busy to keep Driscoll’s ahead of competition.
In this position you are responsible to for, managing and driving the implementation of line extensions and safeguarding our position as market leader. You lead project related to the product strategy in a dynamic and structured way and are able to align both internal as external stakeholders through excellent communication and project management skills. You have a deep interest in understanding our berry consumer needs and work with a smart business sense.
You focus on Driscoll’s strategic countries within Europe and are regularly visiting different markets or production areas to find inspiration or to support our account managers
- Continuously seek to improve the delight aspects of our berries leading to an optimal variety portfolio in close collaboration with all departments (e.g. Breeding, Applied research…etc) involved.
- Accountable for executing the product strategy in line with consumer and business objectives by involving all relevant stakeholders in the chain.
- Develop a one year promotion & activation plan and budget, taking the total marketing mix and consumer needs into consideration in line with business objectives.
- Lead new product and label requests with regard to packaging.
- Regularly analyze relevant market and marketing information to create insights leading to new market opportunities and optimization of quality.
- Define the marketing mix of new line extensions (country approach, channel approach, price premiums) and launch into the market in close collaboration with the packaging, brand, category management and sales department.
- Any other task requested by management that is considered to be within the scope of responsibility of the position holder.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Courageous. The strength to step out of the box and challenge yourself and our business for making a clear choice for delight and innovation.
- Strategic. Change takes time! Patience and a strategic commercial mindset is required to go through the internal and external change of building the Driscoll’s brand one berry at the time!
- Entrepreneur and enthusiastic. Always looking for ways to safeguard our position as product leader.
- Teamplayer. Enable your environment, align and balance stakeholders like sales, breeding and operations.
- Leadership. Manage your projects as a natural leader, aligning and inspiring people. Lead by example.
- Open communicator. Excellent communication in English is required and great Microsoft Office skills.
- Explorer. For this position some travelling will be involved mainly within Europe.
- Experienced. Bachelor or academic background and at least 3 years of experience in product management.
- Passion. And of course you have a big appetite for our delightful fresh berries!
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated, thank you!