About the vacancy
At Driscoll’s we take great value in creating alignment between our customers and growers, with the ultimate goal of delighting our consumers. Product Leaders must create long term, strategic road maps for individual berries, ultimately creating a viable five year plan, for Driscoll’s and growers. Initially, Product Leaders must collectively network with our commercial and business planning functions to jointly create a long term commercial strategy.
Product Leaders must then connect with Business Planning, Operations, Applied Research and R&D to develop, create and execute a supply solution for the projected demand. All this will culminate in a 5 year strategic plan, to which the Product Leaders will be held accountable. Major KPIs include revenue, volume, price, and most importantly fruit margin. Within the 5 year scope Product Leaders will use the various structures and processes to ensure plans are executed and budget figures are made, or exceeded.
This role requires individuals who seek to create, collaborate, and drive teams across various departments. Our strength relies upon relying and trusting on our colleagues, not executing in a silo. Driscoll’s operate all around the world, and we need to cultivate and spread game-changing innovations. We are looking for driven individuals who love to collaborate and drive aggressive growth for great tasting berries.
- Create a 5-7 year strategic vision for an individual berry, collaborating with the various departments along the way
- Identify key opportunities, on both the commercial and production side, and drive them through the organization
- Build and maintain relationships across various functions and departments within Driscoll’s to secure knowledge and to optimize processes
- Steer the 5 year development of our enterprise business model with operations and FP&A.
- Manage long term supply and demand to ensure profitable deals for both the grower and Driscoll’s
- Annually revise all the grower deals to ensure the long term sustainability, and take actions if and when needed
- Manage various stakeholders in the organization to build consensus
- Participate or lead Driscoll’s key strategic projects
You will work mainly from the European HQ in Breda. As your co-workers our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent. This is a flexible and dynamic position and also includes travelling.
- Completed Master / Bachelor degree, preferably in agribusiness or related
- More than 5 years relevant working experience and experience with soft fruit
- Excellent language skills in English & another European language (Spanish) is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High energy level, assertive personality to drive important changes within the organization
- Pragmatic and ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Teamplayer and capable to manage, delegate and lead under pressure
Alongside a competitive compensation & benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated