About the vacancy
As a Product Business Manager you make sure the long/medium term berry plans are operationalized and executed successfully in the coming 0-13 weeks. The main task of the PBM is to translate the EMEA strategy and ambition targets to cross-functional execution. In case of plan deviations, the PBM provides direction to ensure the optimized result is achieved, taking into consideration customer service and enterprise business profit. For that, the PBM aligns and creates responsive and effective engagement from cross-functional teams to execute the plan. The PBM ensures customer demand, customer segmentation, profit optimization and market conditions are accurately represented to support planning processes across multiple sales channels and regions to achieve strategic and tactical targets. The challenge is to find the right balance between customer service and enterprise business profitability.
The PBM will work mainly from the European HQ in Breda, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent.
- Operationalize strategic targets and operational budget (revenue, volume, price, profit) in the scope of 0-13 weeks;
- Manage the supply and demand alignment process to optimize fruit revenue and customer service end-to-end through Integrated Business Planning collaboration;
- Evaluate across multiple supply options taking in account costs, lead times, shelf life, stock aging and customer satisfaction;
- Be able to present data in a meaningfull way and clearly communicate and create cross-functional engagement to your plan;
- Provide clear guidance and business priority targets to the executing teams including deviation scenarios;
- Lead cross-functional teams by bringing different disciplines together to engage them and execute your plan;
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within the Sales department and other departments such as Product Leadership, Operations, Logistics, Quality Control, Packaging, FP&A, Business Planning, Marketing;
- Evaluate need to activate risk mitigation plan or activate opportunities including fruit procurement;
- Direct plan deviations on the short-term through cross-functional alignment;
- Monitor and review the actual demand status versus the actual supply status for week 0 –13.
- Manage profitability of specific product lines;
- Improve top/bottom-lines and customer service;
- Interact with internal and external key stakeholders on a weekly basis to report business performance;
- Initiate and contribute as a subject-matter expert in improvement and optimization projects to sustain company’s growth;
- Resolve critical issues and escalate where required.
Education & training
- Completed HBO (Bachelor’s degree) or University level of education, preferably on areas related to Sales, Marketing and/or Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Commercial, Sales, Business Planning and/or S&OP roles.
- Experience within Fruit & Vegetable, Fresh Produce or FMCG is a big advantage.
- Experience in international dynamic work environments.
Skills & behaviors
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation, diplomacy and collaboration to create engagement;
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships as an individual contributor and as a team player in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical focus combined with quick decision-making;
- Able to create, coordinate and execute the plan through cross-functional work;
- Keeps overview and can take and execute decisions;
- Strong business sense and entrepreneurial qualities;
- Work with high level of independence;
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills;
- Pro-active and solution-driven attitude, confident in decision-making;
- Knowledge of economical influences and build (internal) customer relationships;
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment;
- Travel requirements for customer/grower visits (10% of the time);
- Fluent in English, other European languages are a plus;
- Understanding of basic Finance is a plus;
- Good Excel, PowerPoint & Tableau skills required. ERP as DAX is a plus.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated