About the vacancy
At Driscoll’s the Post Harvest Specialist executes a variety of projects, technology testing, packaging, – and process development focused on commercial, supply chain and operation improvements aimed to ensure the delight of the fruit after picking. The focus of this position is on fact based information sharing and decision making. This to secure follow up and implement best practices.
It will be the Post-Harvest Specialists’ responsibility to enhance the competitiveness of Driscoll’s through the development and deployment of appropriate Postharvest technologies to increase process and grower efficiencies and enhance fruit quality.
You will serve as a technical resource for research and fact-based information on innovative technologies to extend the shelf life and/ or increase delight of the Driscoll’s berries. And therefore you deliver research results and outcomes to key stakeholders, you’ll take actions and/ or manage projects to secure follow up and implement the best Postharvest practices.
• Developing and implementing improvements regarding post-harvest techniques;
• Facilitating and supporting post-harvest trials and initiatives;
• Initiating new measurements regarding product quality in relation to picking, cooling, storage, sorting or line/ machine-packing;
• Setting KPI’s for post-harvest specifications and starting and executing post-harvest projects;
• Developing structure and governance regarding post-harvest procedures and data collecting/sharing and making sure that these are implemented within EMEA;
• Align with Global R&D and other entities within Driscoll’s to create a platform for information and data sharing on post-harvest projects, learnings and initiatives.
You are the ideal candidate for us if you have:
Education & training:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Preference: Food& Technology, Supply Chain or Quality Management.
• You must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in similar or related position (for example: quality/supply chain);
• Experience in quality control, food & technology (packaging/fruit) or supply chain is a distinct advantage;
• You also have obtained excellent Project Management skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate meaningful insights and recommendations to stakeholders throughout the organization. Knowledge of Dutch and/ or Spanish is a also a distinct advantage;
• You also have excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and have an expert level in Excel.
• You are a self-starter and able to build up relationships at different levels;
• Willing to travel abroad when needed (approx. 20% of the time)
• You have a helicopter-view, can handle pressure and can act customer oriented.
• Creative problem-solving skills. A demonstrated trackrecord of making a difference and adding value.
• Promotes ideas and recommendations persuasively while building and maintaining positive working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured, and cross-functional environment showing initiative as both an independent and a team contributor.
• Demonstrates mature confidence and self-awareness, staying focused on goals and managing emotions, even in the face of debate.
We offer you a chance to build a young fast growing brand and be part of a `energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities for talents. In order to complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company, that finds itself in a structurally growing movement.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated, thank you!