About the vacancy
We are looking for a Foundation & Breeding Nursery Order Fulfillment Coordinator, who will join Driscoll’s Global R&D Team. This position is located in either the Netherlands or the U.K.
This position has operational responsibility for the order fulfilment and movement of all plant material into and out of the EMEA Foundation and Breeding Nursery system.
The Foundation & Breeding Nursery Order Fulfillment Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the plant order fill processes required to execute all plant storage and shipment of orders. This includes a clear understanding of propagation orders, timing of plant movement needs per customer requirements, entering and processing orders through the systems of record and making appropriate transportation arrangements with internal and external vendors. This position will interact with and work cross functionally with logistics companies, as well as local and National regulatory officials and with nursery colleagues growing the plants.
You have responsibilities in different areas, such as:
- Manage all aspects of the shipment Order Management System. This includes order fulfillment steps, lead time requirements, communication of clear shipment order expectations to process customers, shipment detail archiving and final shipment volume, quality and on time delivery reconciliation.
- Assess and schedule the transportation needed to execute shipments using multiple carriers.
- Report on the performance of order fulfilment activities using the systems of record.
- Develop and maintain SOP’s for facilitating shipments into and outside of the nursery.
- Accurately enter transactional information into systems of record.
- Submit load/pack requests to Driscoll’s operated and third party nurseries and storage facilities.
- Develop and distribute load delivery schedules internally and to 3rd party contract facilities.
- Ensure Driscoll’s Intellectual Property guidelines and patent information is followed with all shipment documentation product labeling and communication for international shipments.
- Verify accuracy of invoices submitted by contractors so they may be approved by leadership.
- Clearly communicate shipping details to all parties involved.
- Accurately maintain order shipment logs in Excel.
- Prepare all documentation required to execute international shipments.
- Work with the Clean stock and Plant Health manager to submit applications for phytosanitary certificates for international shipment of plant material.
- Assist with inventory reconciliation process.
- Four to six years of transportation/logistical experience or equivalent combination of business school and job-related experience required.
- Skilled in devising innovative solutions to improve processes.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment is essential.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, reliability, attention to detail, and proven teamwork skills.
- Must be a self-starter, hands-on and be confident travelling independently to other Driscoll’s facilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and collaborate with other colleagues to achieve team goals.
- Must demonstrate a high level of organizational skills with great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Pro-active problem solver who can work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written). Communication skills in Dutch would be a significant advantage.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated