About the vacancy
The Nursery Account Manager is accountable for the production of the right quantity plant material fit for purpose with the right quality and against the right timelines at Driscoll’s associated Northern European Nurseries for the sustainable lowest cost price possible.
It is critical for this position to develop excellent relationships with nurseries and between nurseries to create state of the art plant material in an efficient but profitable environment. Strong and effective communication, both within Driscoll and out to our nursery community is paramount.
This position is accountable and responsible to:
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with Nurseries and the Operations department where appropriate.
- Manage contract negotiations within given boundaries with individual nurseries and assure timely signed agreements.
- Monitor, assess and audit plant quality and quantity and assure agreed and desired outcomes and specs are met during the process of production, storage and at delivery. Initiate corrective actions as required. Plant quality includes potential and stage of plant material and interpretation of quantitative results.
- Monthly report on quality and quantity to stakeholders and specifically address abnormalities and propose solutions where applicable.
- Develop Best Management Practices for nurseries and have them implemented.
- Assure nurseries follow required protocols.
- Support the Agronomy team and follow up on plant related issues and claims in timely manner.
- Transfer of knowledge amongst nurseries and collect knowledge from in- and outside Driscoll’s.
- Any other task assigned by management which is considered to be within the scope of the post holder.
Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, nurseries, growers, customers, etc. Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials. Perform other duties as assigned. This job description has the intention to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
You are the ideal candidate for us if you have a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, or a related field. And 5 years of experience in plant production, nursery business or related field. Must have comprehensive experience with nursery business, possess some knowledge of resource usage, plant health and pest pressure assessment, knowledge of growing media and agricultural practices. Comprehensive experience in data management using electronic tools and Microsoft office tools is required.
Skills & Behaviours
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced level of Dutch and English
- Business thinking
- Customer oriented
- Relation building and maintaining
- Strong problem solving skills
- Perform under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Service mindset
- Self starter and work independently
Driscoll’s leadership competencies
- Strategic Mindset
- Cultivates innovation
- Plans & Aligns
- Drives results
- Drives engagement
- Develops talent
Other relevant competencies
- Financial acumen
- Being resilient
- You have a valid passport and the ability to travel regionally and internationally (15-20% of time) without restrictions.
- You have a valid European driver’s license.
- Flexibility in working hours are required
We offer you a chance to build a young fast growing brand and be part of an `energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities for talents. In order to complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company, that finds itself in a structurally growing movement.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market from their EMEA headquarters in Breda. Our family-owned company operates for over 100 years and we are totally dedicated to berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s, which started out in California, has grown to be represented on each continent. As our dynamic European organization is growing rapidly, we are looking for an ambitious new colleague!
More information? Saskia van der Hoest; Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website(s) for further information: www.driscolls.eu and www.driscolls.com
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.