About the vacancy
As a Network Administrator you are a technical professional with specialized skills and knowledge of the network components required to interconnect the users, sites, services, and application. You will design and build the network components with security, reliability, and performance in mind at all times, so that our operations are safe, resilient, and effective.In this position, you will be part of a international team including Network Administrators and a Network Engineer. You are located in our EMEA headquarters in Breda and will report to the Global Network Manager who is based in Spain. The rest of the team is located in Portugal and Morocco, so you will work mainly remotely.
You will be responsible for:
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot core and branch networking including LAN, WAN, voice, and wireless infrastructure required to run our business globally.
- Analyze and resolve incidents reported by end-users or through notifications from monitoring tools.
- Effectively manage SLA in our Incident Management Tool – ServiceNow.
- Respond to escalations and alerts proactively and take ownership of resolving network and service problems.
- Follow best practices across all network management and monitoring platforms, while seeking opportunities to improve our technical capabilities/capacity through automation.
- Interpret business issues and recommend solutions.
- Document root cause analysis and take action to prevent reoccurring issues, including identifying opportunities for continuous process improvement or technology upgrades that will improve service level, reduce cost, or improve manageability.
- Responsible and accountable for monitoring and responding to issues/alerts to maintain desired uptime and meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) to customer incidents and requests.
- Responsible and accountable to administer and operate redundant network connections, provide disaster recovery support, and ensure all network components are built with high availability and resilience in mind.
- Provide deployment, maintenance and patching support to any required applications, systems, and services upgrade. Define and deliver network maintenance and upkeep tasks, including OS/firmware upgrades and compliance with security standards.
- Continually audit the configuration and capabilities of the network to ensure security and service level globally.
- Align all network builds and documentation to the defined standards and practices, while providing feedback to improve those standards and practices.
Becoming a successful Network Administrator at Driscoll’s takes a combination of of excellent troubleshooting and configuring abilities and excellent communication skills. You are real teamplayer and have strong coordination competencies. Furthermore, you have:
- 5+ years of comparable professional experience in network, IS/IT, security, or other production service design, build, and support;
- Bachelor’s working and thinking level;
- Experience in high level support and configuration of switching, routing, SD-WAN, firewall, wireless and voice/telephony platforms;
- Experience in cloud networking AWS VPC, Ec2, VPN, Policies;
- Knowledge of WAN technologies, including fiber optic, cable, DSL, wireless, cellular, and satellite (LEO and geostationary);
- Knowledge of service management and performance monitoring of critical end user services, including application and infrastructure components in New Relic, Solarwinds, PRTG, or other platforms;
- Certifications like Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Palo Alto Certified Network;
- Excellent English verbal, written and communication skills;
- Security Engineer, Aruba Certified Mobility Expert (ACMX), ITIL V3.0 Foundation is a plus.
We offer you a job with a lot of variation and dynamics because of the international environment and our fresh product; Only the Finest Berries! Driscoll’s also takes good care of its employees and offers a salary that matches your level of experience. In addition, you can expect the following:
- Profit Sharing based on company results;
- Flexibility; working remote for a few days per week;
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of our ambitious organization;
- Family-owned business with strong Mission and Values;
- Phone and laptop;
- Travel expense reimbursement;
- 26 vacation days;
- Fresh berries in the office every day.
Driscoll’s located in Breda (the Netherlands) is seeking a Network Administrator to join the Global Infrastructure Team. Driscoll’s rapidly growing global operations are supported by an outstanding network. As the organization continues to expand, our network becomes more important than ever. Do you want to work with the latest technologies and top vendors in the market? Do you want to work in a family owned company with great people who feels like your family? Apply now! We are looking forward to receiving your application. Upload your CV and we will contact you. Questions? Then contact Femke Roze at +31 6 83623681. Whatsapp is also possible. Or for more information about our organization visit http://www.driscolls.eu