About the vacancy
Driscoll’s, located in Breda, is looking for a manager accounts receivable who is eager to contribute to our beloved berry brand within the EMEA region. A unique opportunity to work for a strong consumer brand where you can truly make an impact within a highly relevant category. In this role, you will act as an inspiring leader for our accounts receivable team, operating in a complex, dynamic and global environment with various stakeholders. Do you want to join us in our journey to offer more sustainable solutions for the berry category? Then we are looking for you!
The goal of the EMEA Accounts Receivable department is to have a solid debtors portfolio with no large open overdue balances and a good relationship with the customer, grower, nursery and relevant departments within Driscolls.
Within this role you are, together with your team of accounts receivable professionals, responsible for building and maintaining a good relationship with our customers, growers and nurseries within Europe, Africa and the Middle East. You will be in daily contact with customers and internal stakeholders to solve the potential issues, enhance processes related to sales, returns and claims and to collect the outstanding invoices.
As accounts receivable manager you are responsible for the entire debtors process. Together with the team you take care of invoicing, processing of bank transaction, management of credit notes and the collection of the outstanding invoices for fruit, plants and nurseries. Furthermore you take responsibility of the accounting closing activities, sales related analysis and reporting and year-end audits. You are maintaining and overseeing the execution of the credit policy, including the onboarding and periodic assessment of our customer base.
You will participate in projects related to continuous improvement and implementation of new processes and systems, as well as any other tasks requested by management as expected to be within the job holders’ qualities and qualifications.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you are responsible for the daily supervision and leadership of the team, as well as the facilitation of their talent development.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor education in Finance
- 5-6 years of experience in a similar financial position in a commercial company
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and excellent Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is a pré
Skills & behaviors
- Good communication skills in English verbal and in writing, Spanish is a pré
- Process oriented with good planning and implementation skills
- Eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Flexible, hands-on, autonomous and team player with good interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and networking skills and responsive to others, you thrive on close collaboration with commercial colleagues
- Strong interest in providing guidance to teams and fostering talent development.
We offer you a chance to build a young fast-growing brand and be part of an `energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities for talents. To complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company, that finds itself in a structurally growing movement. Furthermore, you can expect:
- An attractive salary in line with your experience.
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organization.
- Flexibility; working remote for a few days per week.
- Bonus structure based on company results.
- Our success as a company depends on creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
- Family-owned business with a strong Mission and Values.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market from their EMEA headquarters in Breda. Our family-owned company operates for over 100 years and we are totally dedicated to berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s, which started out in California, has grown to be represented on each continent. As our dynamic European organization is growing rapidly, we are looking for an ambitious new colleague!