About the vacancy
In order to fulfill the agreed service levels with all stakeholders in our supply chain the logistics coordinator act as a pivotal role to ensure proper transportation and connecting the dots between supply (growers) and demand (customers) through our network of warehouses.
As a Logistics Coordinator you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Organize and coordinate transport and logistics requests for the delivery of berries, plants & packaging between growers, warehouses and customer in order to meet the service levels (eg. on time delivery).
– Organize and coordinate outbound flow transport with our commercial department & service suppliers.
– Organize and coordinate inbound flow in close cooperation with our warehouses & service supplier.
– Create load, unload and arrival schedule for growers, warehouses & customers and communicate to all stakeholders.
– Manage and coordinate all ‘in transit’ flows with the use of Tracking & Tracing tools and our Transport Management System.
- Ensures documentation are compliant for customs and foreign trade (import & export).
- Ensures proper administrative/financial settlement of the transport arranged (eg. invoice verification).
- Act as back-up within the logistics department for the other logistics coordinators.
- Act as process owner within the logistics department in search of Continues Improvement.
- Cooperate with the service suppliers to improve cooperation and service.
- Bachelor or Master Level (preferably supply chain related).
- 1-3 year experience in a relevant supply chain role.
- Customs processes and documentation.
- Knowledge of English language is required at an advanced level. German is a pre.
- Pragmatic and ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Eye for detail.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Microsoft Dynamics skills (ERP).
- Transport Management System (TMS) is a pre.
- Flexible team player with good interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
The role as Logistic Coordinator is a temporary assignment.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.