About the vacancy
Driscoll’s are looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to join the Global Research and Development (R&D) Finance team at Driscoll’s at our office in East Malling, Kent. This full-time, permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in finance and gain experience in a thriving and ambitious workplace.
The Finance Analyst role will provide finance support to Global R&D Managers located in Europe and North African locations. This is a varied role which will involve working with a diverse workforce in different countries, and occasionally different time zones.
- Responsible for supporting operational managers with expense coding operational expenses, invoice processing, and other daily finance activities
- Work with operational managers to review monthly financial performance and control costs through continuous process improvement
- Support month-end and year end closing activities
- Prepare month-end management and financial reporting and variance analysis
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests and support capital project execution
- Track and update capital costs in Hyperion, reconcile the project spending and depreciation with accounting reports
- Support cost center managers to complete the annual operating plan (AOP) and mid-year forecast on Headcount, Opex, Capex
- Prepare and generate reports appropriate to stakeholder audiences as requested
- Build financial models and perform data analytics and visualization as requested
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis, reports, and other accounting and finance duties as assigned
- Represent Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Domestic and International travel might be up to 10%
You will ideally have a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative based field (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics etc.) with at least 1-year of relevant industry experience, however we will consider candidates with 1-year of relevant education and some relevant industry experience.
It is desirable if the candidate has experience of Hyperion, Tableau, Oracle, DAX, Tagetik and programming languages such as Python, SQL etc. You will need to be able to work with large data sets to perform data analysis, data visualisation and financial modelling. You will have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and an insurgent attitude.
In addition, you must have excellent communication skills and strong team spirit to be able to work cross-functionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
Candidates should have broad industry knowledge and strong user skills of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and PowerPoint.
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer you the opportunity to contribute constructively to the growth of our ambitious organization. Our success as a company depends on an environment in which our people are energetic, motivated and driven to perform at the highest level. You can be the linchpin in this!
In addition, we offer:
- Profit Sharing based on company results;
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of our ambitious organization;
- Work within a dynamic, young, passionate and international team;
- Family-owned business with strong Mission and Values
We are the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, we are passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.