About the vacancy
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) role is responsible for the execution of the people agenda. The role will work with the broader HR team based on the continent of Europe (the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, and Morrocco) to enact and implement local business priorities and the broader EMEA people initiatives. In this role, you will partner with functional teams and business leaders to develop and execute HR programs and people planning activities that drive organizational and people effectiveness, capable of working in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment.
The ideal candidate will contribute hands-on and strategically to cultivate an agile and innovative culture through effective ideas and solutions to the business unit of Driscoll’s of Europe, the Middle East, & Africa and be a vital, trusted partner in employee relations, ensuring legal compliance.
- Work with business leaders to develop and implement people plans and solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
- Challenge ways of working, identify problems, and find ways to fix them.
- Lead your business area on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and capability assessment to drive future scale and growth of the business.
- Review and analyze people data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Coach people leaders within the organization to build leadership capabilities: challenge and influence, successfully navigating different styles and personalities to build trusted, credible partnerships.
- Partner with Recruitment to source talent to drive future performance and growth for Driscoll’s.
- Build a world-class talent pipeline, ensuring the right roles, capabilities, and frameworks are in place to deliver. Constantly review business and people performance, ensure succession/capability risks are understood and managed, and tackle challenges and seize opportunities over the short and long term.
- Deploy global HR initiatives that support achieving organizational goals and objectives, including workforce planning, talent management, and succession planning.
- A champion of Driscoll’s culture, mission, vision and values.
- Drive organizational effectiveness and engagement. Develop and champion an agile, lean, hungry, and insurgent attitude across Driscoll’s Europe, Middle East, & Africa business unit.
- Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on people-related matters, including policies and procedures for employee relations activity.
- Provide compensation support, including salary planning, approval of salary actions, and promotions.
- Manage employee relations issues, including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Lead and engage people leaders on employee development and training initiatives to enhance organizational capability and employee engagement.
- Ensure compliance with local and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Travel requirement: 20-30%
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- 7+ years of human resources experience, focusing on business partnering.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing HR strategies/ initiatives/ processes that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment laws and regulations.
- Experience working across and within the continent of Europe; broad international and global experience.
- Fluent in English & Dutch or other EMEA languages would be a plus.
- Strong business commerciality and ability to work well across different functions to integrate HR and business strategies.
- Able to dive into data and details and analyze, interpret, and present back to the business.
- Resilient and able to thrive in an environment amid positive change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision capabilities.
- Proven track record of delivering results and driving employee engagement.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment with multiple priorities and a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of business and HR teams that span the globe.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
We offer a job with many variations and dynamics because of the international environment and our fresh products: Only the Finest Berries! Driscoll’s also takes good care of its employees and offers a salary matching your experience level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers worldwide, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful, and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high-quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™.