About the vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated HR Business Partner who shares our passion for berries and wants to become part of our young and energetic team.
The EMEA HR Organization is a team of 12 colleagues, with in Spain two colleagues, including this position. The HR Manager EMEA has its office location in Spain and People Services representatives located in Morocco and Portugal are supporting / handling the HR administration delivery and support for Spain.
Within this position you spend 70 % in HRBP function for Spain including direct contact with the employees and supporting the management team; 30% in full administrative HR support (together with the People Services representatives). The concerned post holder should be accountable for creating efficient and high quality processes with a key focus on continuous improvement.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Consult with management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Accountable to maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal support as needed/required.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- In partnership with Talent management function, accountable to conduct Talent Reviews, Performance appraisal, succession plan and monitors career-pathing program.
- In partnership with Comp & Ben function, accountable to ensure salary structure and benefits accordingly, taking care of the internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Accountable to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and represent the Company legally with Unions and local authorities.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Full administrative support on employment contracts (seasonals and regular), mandatory governmental documents, final settlement agreements for seasonals, employee statements;
- Providing and analyze data;
- Support with mandatory medical reviews;
- Drafting of final settlement of seasonal workers, by every ends of the seasons;
- The preparation of employees visas documents;
- Contact with payroll, agencies and health insurance companies and social administration to follow the employee’s files;
- Follow-up of social security files
- Ensuring management of absences, departures of employees and validate record overtimes of seasonals;
- Welcoming of new joiners, and follow of the phone, computer, cars purchasing orders;
- Ensure, distribution of pay slip for seasonal workers whom have not access to e-mail;
Education & training
- Bachelors degree in business administration or Human Resources.
- Relevant functional certifications or training in the field of Human Resources.
- Languages: English and Spanish, Having a good understanding of another European language (Dutch, French) is a distinct advantage.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar position.
- Working in an international dynamic environment.
Skills & behaviors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong culture fit with Driscoll’s values.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excell
- Tech savvy (preferably Workday and Succesfactors).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Service mindset.
- Cultivates innovation
- Plans & Aligns
- Drives results
- Drives engagement
- Travel (i.e. maximum 20% of time).
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact: Saskia van der Hoest / firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated