About the vacancy
As Grower Services Specialist, you ensure that the correct execution is delivered by our growers. You make sure that the right volumes (quality and quantity) are delivered by our growers, and you ensure a proper link between the growers and the different departments of Driscoll’s: including Plant Supply, Planning, PBM, Applied Research, Forecast, Packaging, Quality and Operations. You lead the integration of our growers within Driscoll’, improve relationships and help our growers with ensuring a sustainable berry growth for the different regions of Northern Europe.
In the role of Grower Services Specialist (Northern Europe) you work closely with our growers and manage expectations. Your responsibilities entail:
- Proactive communication to growers (about market intelligence, volumes, quality, execution, plant delivery, grower settlement, weekly price, forecast and future 5Y plan);
- Facilitate information flow and knowledge transfer between Driscoll’s and Growers;
- Integration and improvement of administrative processes in NE countries ensuring the execution and responsibilities/duties of the role;
- Setup and yearly update of existing contracts and exhibits and reinforce the contracts content;
- Coordination with the nurseries and Test Plots to have visit with growers;
- Contribute to evaluate service levels with growers (KPI);
- Improve the relationship within the current grower base;
- Ensure a good system of reporting and KPIs.
Furthermore, you are the linking pin between growers and our departments. You align with the different departments to:
- Lead and managing the information in coordination with the Forecast team in terms of volume, curves and gaps on a weekly basis;
- Coordinate with the Planning team in terms of execution on a weekly basis;
- Coordination with Applied Research for the implementation of new varieties, OFTs and communication within the growers;
- Provide the info to the PBM team concerning quality and quantity of fruit, program execution and possibilities for the different markets on a weekly basis;
- Facilitate information to the Packaging team in terms of stock, orders, prices, and pack types;
- Alignment with Plant supply for the plant orders and Plant Commitment;
- Logistic delivery plans in coordination with Plant supply (supply chain related and delivery to growers);
- Management of the plant claims and write-offs locally and with Plant Supply;
- Alignment and management plant debt and payment plans with growers aligning Operations, Finance Departments.
Education & training
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or similar.
- Economic/financial competences can also a point to be considered for this position, if necessary.
- Min. 3/5 years’ experience in the Agribusiness;
- Preferable working in an international dynamic environment.
Languages, Skills & Competencies
- Dutch and English fluency is required; French is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, expert level in Excel;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Pro-active attitude;
- Focus and prioritization;
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and deliver to tight deadlines;
- Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Travel requirements (20% of the time);
- European driver’s license;
- Occasional weekend and evening shifts are part of the position.
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Apply via the application button and upload your resume. A motivation letter is not a must, we’d like to speak to you in person.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chains partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.