About the vacancy
The Global Nursery Programme Manager, will support Driscoll’s Global Nursery Technology Transfer Center of Expertise in order to provide services to Driscoll’s global plant nurseries. This role will travel extensively (up to 50% internationally) providing technical guidance and support to Driscoll’s global Nursery network. This role reports directly to the Global Nursery Technology Transfer CoE Lead. There is flexibility on the location of this role.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives, facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key stakeholders, a high level understanding of agronomic systems, and organizational and compliance requirements across multiple geographies. The implementation of strategy and regional nursery level impact programmes is a key function.
- Execution of Global Nursery Technology Transfer Center of Expertise (COE) processes.
- Provide high levels of service to each of Driscoll’s nurseries embedded in each Business Unit.
- Respond to Technology Transfer nursery service requirements.
- Clearly educate and develop Driscoll’s Nursery employees regarding plant propagation techniques and technologies; act as primary contact, educator and conduit for the development and deployment of existing and emerging plant propagation methodology.
- Support a global nursery cross training program allowing the deployment of employees to areas globally where they will be immersed and trained in plant propagation techniques.
- Execute against project based agreements with each Business Unit Nursery Leader clearly reporting project outcomes and KPIs.
- Partner with Nursery Applied Research and Global Strategy and Adoption to be tuned-in to new and emerging plant propagation technologies; explores new and better ways to propagate plants both internally and externally.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Agriculture Science, Horticulture, or related field required. MS/MBA are highly desired.
- 8 years of total industry experience in production crops, greenhouse production or growing operations. Northern and Southern Hemisphere berry nursery through to berry fruit production expertise is preferred.
- Experience managing greenhouses, nursery operations or as a manager in a production environment highly desired.
- A proven track record of agronomic extension in a dynamic and complicated environment.
- Experience with direct leadership and management of multifaceted plant/fruit production is preferred.
- Ability to lead and clearly communicate in English is required; excellent communicator.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work with key internal stakeholders, and manage multiple projects across the enterprise.
- Ability to develop process, manage multiple projects, and measure results.
- Ability to work with others at a high and collaborative level.
- Courageous, creative and conceptual thinker with practical planning skills.
- Proven agri-business, administrative and analytical skills.
- Ability to turn plans into reality.
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Adept at process management, including the ability to be decisive with a proven ability to recognize and act on good ideas.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes an annual profit share bonus scheme and a generous holiday allowance. Driscoll’s is a fantastic place to work and our aim is to create a fun, professional team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™.