About the vacancy
The Global Nursery Programme Manager will lead Nursery technology and innovation transfer to Driscoll’s global plant nursery network. This role will travel extensively providing technical guidance and support to Driscoll’s Global Nursery network. This role reports directly to The Director of Global Nursery. This position will reside in in either the Uk or the USA. And is a homebased role.
- Execution of Global Nursery Programm plans linked to each Business Unit’s strategic nursery priorities.
- Provide high levels of service to each of Driscoll’s nurseries embedded in each Business Unit.
- Respond to Technology Transfer nursery service requirements.
- Clearly educate and develop Driscoll’s Nursery employees regarding plant propagation techniques and technologies; act as the primary contact, educator and conduit for the development and deployment of existing and emerging plant propagation methodology.
- Support a global nursery cross training program allowing the deployment of employees to other areas globally where they will be immersed and trained in plant propagation techniques.
- Execute against project based agreements with each Business Unit Nursery Leader clearly reporting project outcomes and KPIs.
- Partner with Nursery Applied Research and Global Strategy and Adoption to be tuned-in to new and emerging plant propagation technologies; explores new and better ways to propagate plants both internally and externally.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Follows company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives, facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key stakeholders at all levels, a high level understanding of agronomic systems and organizational and compliance requirements across multiple geographies. The implementation of strategic and regional nursery level impact programms is a key function of this role.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Agriculture Science, Horticulture, or related field required.
- 8+ years of total industry experience in production crops, glasshouse production or growing operations. Northern and Southern Hemisphere berry nursery through to berry fruit production expertise is preferred.
- Experience managing glasshouses, nursery operations or as a manager in a production environment highly desired.
- A proven track record of agronomic extension in a dynamic and complicated environment.
- Experience with direct leadership and management of multifaceted plant/fruit production is preferred.
- Ability to lead and clearly communicate in English is required; excellent communicator.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work with key internal stakeholders at all levels and manage multiple projects across the multiple geographies.
- Proven agri-business, administrative and analytical skills including the ability to plan and budget for activities and articulate the needs of said plan and budget.
- Ability to develop processes in an environment where they may not exist, and then measure results.
- Ability to work with others at a highly collaborative level.
- Courageous, creative and conceptual thinker with practical planning skills.
- Ability to turn plans into reality.
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Adept at process management, including the ability to be decisive with a proven ability to recognise and act on good ideas.
- Travel will be required (up to 8 trips x 1 week annually, internationally, plus local EU travel as required).
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
We offer you a chance to build a young fast-growing brand and be part of an `energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities for talents. To complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company, that finds itself in a structurally growing movement.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market from their EMEA headquarters in Breda. Our family-owned company operates for over 100 years, and we are totally dedicated to berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s, which started out in California, has grown to be represented on each continent. As our dynamic European organization is growing rapidly, we are looking for an ambitious new colleague!