About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for a Fruit Procurement Manager, who wants to become part of our great team and is willing to take on this exciting challenge to shape this new role within our company.
In this position you will lead both strategic and operational processes in order to maximize our offer to our customers under Driscoll’s brand. To succeed, you will build long-term relationships with vendors, suppliers and (internal) stakeholders. You will also compare the proposals for price and specifications, negotiate with vendors to reduce costs and improve service levels.
In this position you will be part of the operations team in charge of the supply of our four berries.
- Define the long-term top-level procurement strategy;
- Manage key countries in Eastern Europe by establishing long term relationships with growers/suppliers and source new suppliers to match the overall objectives;
- Manage (intercompany) procurement and imports from e.g. Chile Peru and Mexico;
- Review and negotiate contracts & specifications on behalf of the company;
- Design relevant processes and procedures to manage the work in an efficient manner;
- Manage the short-term fruit procurement execution by aligning with the relevant internal teams: set price, achieve targeted margin, ensure quality in time and oversight of physical flow;
- Ensure compliance of the suppliers according to Driscoll’s standards.
You will work mainly from the European HQ in Breda. As our suppliers are mainly based in the south of Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent.
This position includes travelling (~20%).
- A Master / Bachelor Degree
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience in Fruit & Vegetable or Fresh Produce
- Experience in working in an international dynamic environment;
- Ability to build long-term winning relations
- Strategic mindset with a strong business sense and entrepreneurial qualities;
- You are also a team player and capable to handle pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, are self-supportive and service oriented;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of budgeting and economical influences;
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated