About the vacancy
We are looking for a Foundation & Breeding Nursery Production Coordinator, who will join Driscoll’s Global R&D Team in the Netherlands. This position is located in the Netherlands (location: combination of Helenaveen and Breda) and reports to The Global Nursery Tech Transfer COE and Breeding Nursery Lead.
Producing clean, true to type plant material to fuel the growth and success of the commercial nursery system in Europe is fundamental to the DEMEA Business Unit’s success. This role plays a key part in ensuring the supply of that foundation plant material.
As Foundation & Breeding Nursery Production Coordinator you will have responsibility for overseeing the production of all plant material in the EMEA Foundation and Breeding Nursery system in the Netherlands.
You will achieve this by working directly with owned and operated as well as Contract Nurseries to oversee the execution of the Foundation and breeding nursery plant production plan, incorporating all of the latest cultural practices and new technologies. The position will spend a large percentage of time in the field at our Nursery locations in the Netherlands, with some travel to the UK and Spain required at times, working directly with nursery managers, propagators and their teams on ensuring foundation and breeding nursery plant production is as to plan and in line with quality and quantity expectations. This includes a clear understanding of propagation methods, growing techniques, irrigation strategy, orders, timing of plant production windows in order to meet the need of the plan.
- You have responsibilities in different areas, such as:
- Provide oversight of production of all breeding Nursery and Foundation plant material in the Netherlands.
- Collaborate with Nursery partners and plan feed regimes and spray programmes for all crops.
- Monitor pest and disease levels in crops and react accordingly to ensure plants remain clean and free from P&D.
- Ensure fall out rates and tipping, planting activities are in line with expectations and carried out in a satisfactory manner.
- Responsible for tracking inventory and fall out rates and reporting those out to leadership on a regular basis.
- Checking water, substrate and drain samples are taken regularly, working with colleagues to interpret results and compare them to standard target levels for the stages of crops, and adjusting strategy or activity accordingly.
- Work closely with our strategic and 3rd party nursery partners to plan activities, labour, spraying, climate management, ensuring the right activities are carried out at the right time to achieve the correct quantity and quality of clean foundation plant material.
- Provide agronomic & technical support to operated and contract Nurseries in the Netherlands as needed.
- Maintain/develop, document and communicate production progress, identifying any risks to plans, be that an excess or shortfall of plant material compared to plan.
- Ensure alignment with our strategic nursery partners and 3rd party nurseries in the Netherlands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Agronomy or another related field.
- Or 4 to 5 years of agronomic experience managing Nursery berry crops.
- Possess technical expertise in substrate/ fertigation and best management practices in a field and glasshouse environment.
- Must demonstrate a high level of organizational skills with great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Possess highly effective communication skills, with the ability to instruct teams on technical tasks.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment is essential.
- Must be a self-starter, hands-on and be confident travelling independently.
- Skilled in devising innovative solutions to improve processes.
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written) and in Dutch.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated