About the vacancy
As Foundation and Breeding Nursery Logistics Specialist you are responsible for providing practical and administrative support to the movement of all FBN plant material. You are also responsible for ensuring feedback around plant quality is reported back to nurseries, maintaining a continuous and proactive approach to quality improvement.
In conjunction with the FBN Production Coordinator, the FBN Logistics Specialist is responsible for facilitating the plant order processes required to arrange the packing & shipment of Breeding Nursery plants from the site at Helenaveen. This includes a clear understanding of propagation orders, timing of plant movement, needs per customer requirements, entering and processing orders through a system of record and making appropriate arrangements with internal and external clients. This position will interact with and work cross functionally with logistics companies, as well as local and National regulatory officials, Applied Research, Breeders and with nursery colleagues growing the plants.
In the role of Foundation and Breeding Nursery Logistics Specialist you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting EMEA FBN Order Fulfillment Coordinator in establishing excellent communication with R&D test plot teams and Foundation nurseries primarily in EMEA, but also with our locations elsewhere globally with a view to maintaining and improving the quality of the plants and services delivered.
- Tactical focus on lead times and requirements for deliveries of foundation, breeding nursery and Applied Research plant material. Clear communication of packing and shipping requirements of orders, understanding customer expectations, shipment detail archiving and final shipment volume.
- Tracking and reporting the quality of plant material prior to dispatch as well as upon arrival with customers.
- Delivery vs order reconciliation, in conjunction with colleagues in other locations within the Foundation and Breeding Nursery.
- Assist FBN Order Fulfillment Coordinator with tracking transport costs to demonstrate costs are in line with budgeted expectations. Assist with the track and trace of transport invoices.
- Develop and maintain SOP’s for facilitating shipments of all plant material into and outside the breeding nursery.
- Assist the EMEA Foundation and Breeding Nursery team members in budgeting for the season’s activities related with transport and logistics – packaging material, Phyto testing needed to demonstrate cleanliness of plant material.
- In conjunction with the FBN Order fulfillment Coordinator, Plan and Develop delivery schedules internally with Plant Orders, Legal (CPVO), AR and Breeding, as well as to 3rd party contract nursery facilities, that are both flexible for our customers but also sensitive to our 3rd party nursery’s needs and timelines. Submit load/pack requests to third party nurseries and storage facilities.
- Arrange shipment documentation for international shipments of foundation and breeding nursery material (Driscoll’s Intellectual Property etc.) and ensure timings and communication are correct.
- Maintain order shipment logs in Excel and create high level overview reports for colleagues and peers.
- Work with the Clean stock and Plant Health manager to submit applications for phytosanitary certificates for international shipment of all breeding nursery plant material, keeping our nursery partners informed as required.
- Follow company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture engineering or similar.
- Four to six years of experience in soft fruit nursery or equivalent/related field.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment is essential.
- Dutch speaking is a requirement. Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written). Polish language is distinct advantage.
- Self-starter, hands-on and confident travelling independently to other Driscoll’s facilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Collaborate with other colleagues to achieve team goals.
- Skilled in devising innovative solutions to improve processes.
- Broad industry knowledge including awareness and understanding of the Nursery industry.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- High level of organizational skills and managing multiple tasks efficiently. Display initiative and have the ability to adequately set and meet deadlines.
- Able to work to an extended schedule to accommodate the needs of the business.
- High level of attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Commitment to safety and teamwork in the workplace.
- A valid passport and driver’s licence and the ability to travel internationally.
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™