About the vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Specialist who shares our passion for berries and loves to join our young and energetic team.
General description department
The grower settlement team is responsible for the timely and correct calculation and payment of the cost of fruit sold to the independent growers, based on the actual sales prices. Driscoll’s believes strongly in a long-term relationship with her independent growers and watches strictly over the fair and timely compensation of her key partners.
Goal of the position
As a key member of the finance team you will be part of the grower settlement team, responsible for the calculation and payment of our fruit cost to the growers. The goal of the team is to process the correct and timely payments to the growers, creating general postings in the financial administration and control of the related administrative flows.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Takes leadership in the development and execution of process improvements, reports and analysis;
- Maintenance and improvement of the IT tools supporting the calculations (Microsoft Dynamics) in cooperation with stakeholders within and outside Driscoll’s;
- Takes initiative to share knowledge and involves stakeholders in order to improve the process flow
- Prepare, execute and improve Grower settlement calculations (cost calculations) according to company policy and ensure a timely communication is provided to all involved;
- Responsible for the correct and timely administration of accounts payable (grower settlement related) and close coordination with accounts receivables concerning grower settlement and payments;
- Follow up and reconciliation of postings and corrections related to the grower settlement;
- Any other tasks requested by management which is expected to be within the job holders qualities and qualifications;
Education & training
HBO or similar education in Finance
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is a plus
Skills & Behaviour
- 3-4 years of experience in a relevant position in a commercial company
- Pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excel
- Advanced level of English; knowledge of Spanish is a pre
- Analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
- When you are enthusiastic, willing to learn from others and have the mind of a true team player, you could be our next Driscoll’s colleague!
Driscoll’s leadership competencies
- Plans & Aligns
- Other relevant competencies
- Pragmatic and ability to work under pressure.
- We love you to be innovative, resourcefulness and ambitious.
- Strong affinity with IT systems
- Occasional travel requirements
- Multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
- Financial acumen
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- Ambition to grow into a leadership position in the longer term
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the chance to be part of our experienced and fast growing company. This opens doors to a broad international experience with limitless opportunities to develop your talent. And… as we have an endless supply of delicious berries for you to enjoy, you never have to worry about your daily dose of vitamins anymore.
Get to know us…
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new colleague!
Find out more about our joyful berry company at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated, Thank you.