About the vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated Finance Assistant who shares our passion for berries and wants to become part of our young and energetic team.
In order to support our daily operations, the Finance department, located in Breda, is looking for a social and hands on Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will support the finance team with day-to-day activities and will operate under supervision of the Team Leader Account Payable and General Ledger. The Finance department is responsible for the financial administration of a number of entities (including general ledger accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable), payroll processing, grower payments, consolidation and financial reporting.
The accounting department is responsible for:
- the accurate and timely recording, reconciliation, analysis and statutory accounting and payroll of the Northern European entities
- consolidation and reporting of all EMEA entities to local and global management
- establish and maintain accounting processes and manuals
- compliance with statutory and local legislation and reporting
- Support the team on day to day finance tasks and responsibilities (90% of the time):
- Support the team leader in payroll administration (reconciliation, posting, credit cards, cars)
- Support the team leader in general accounting (accrual calculation, account reconciliation, intercompany transactions)
- Assist the Accounts Payable team: analyze incoming invoices and assign them for posting, respond to vendor inquiries, prepare payment batches
- Assist the Accounts Receivable team: manage bank postings, respond to customer inquiries, create invoices and credit notes
- Manage group mailbox
- Assist in month closing procedures including analysis of results, reconciliations and reporting
We are seeking for a dynamic, resourcefulness and committed Finance Assistant. You have the ideal candidate profile, when you have/ are:
Education & Training required:
- MBO+ or Bachelor degree accounting or business administration, or achieved agreed level by working experience
Work experience required:
- 1-3 year experience in similar functions
- Good communication skills, as well in Dutch as in English verbal and in writing. The knowledge of Spanish is considered an advantage;
- Microsoft Dynamics 2012 experience; (Distinct advantage)
- Experience with Dutch GAAP or US GAAP;
- Strong skills in Excel;
- Pragmatic and ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines;
- Eye for detail with good planning and implementation skills;
- Flexible team player with good interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
- You master the English language (verbal and non-verbal). Having a good understanding of another European language (Dutch, French or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Drives engagement
- Act financially aware
- Develops talent
- Plans & Aligns
- Works systematically and accurate
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact: Saskia van der Hoest / firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated