About the vacancy
As Manager Distribution North you are responsible for the warehouses in the North of Europe. To be successful in this role, you must align on a daily base with various international departments and stakeholders, internally and externally. It is important to continuously search for improvements and opportunities, have a sharp eye for details, analyse the financials, manage your team, and make sure the warehouses perform according to Driscoll’s standards in this very dynamic business.
The main tasks of the team that you will manage is instruct, monitor and manage the different service providers, perform the daily allocation of fruit, process returns, plan repack and production activities.
- Accountable for the performance of the different warehouse service providers in the Northern part of Europe (France, Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium).
- Accountable for the warehousing North tasks in the Microsoft Dynamics (DAX) system.
- Promote fluid and direct communications with Sales, Planning and Transports Departments.
- Accountable for the allocation process and guidance of the allocation team.
- Accountable for processing of returns in the warehouse.
- Actively participate on the Claims process management
- Responsible for the financial performance of Distribution North.
- Support projects within Driscoll’s where your input is required.
- Accountable for the performance of repack service provider.
- Responsible for managing the team, make sure they have the tools, motivation, and know-how to perform according to Driscoll’s standards.
- Coordinate opening of Northern European new warehouses when the business is asking for that.
- 12. Accountable for the heat-seal production process, including managing packaging inventory and procuring packaging for the repack locations in Northern Europe.
- Support the development of tools and processes to further structure the activities and create an optimum on efficiency.
- Challenge and act on warehouse dashboard KPI’s.
- Ensure a timely and correct feedback and reporting on findings and results and initiates suggestions for process improvements.
- Out of the box and problem-solving mindset.
- Any other task assigned by management which is considered to be within the scope of the post holder.
Education & Training
- Completed Bachelor (HBO) level education.
- 5-10 years of working experience in a similar position and within an international (trading) environment is desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and a second European language is a distinct advantage
- High proficiency of Excel and other Microsoft packages is a must.
- People managing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Strong communications skills and able to communicate easily within different organizational levels
- Strong administrative and accuracy skills
- Able to work within a high-pressure environment
- Teamwork enabler
- Act expertly
- Continuous learning and development
- Understand others
- Act customer oriented
- Show drive
- Work systematically
- Communicate proactively
- Act commercially aware
- Act with determination
- Take responsibility
We offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.