About the vacancy
Within Driscoll’s, our Compliance department makes sure that applicable legislation regarding product quality, product safety and social standards are up to date by providing standards and policies to transfer directions to the organization.
The Compliance Manager North-East Europe is responsible for the defined region, regarding processes and standards related to product quality, food safety and quality assurance. In this role, you are responsible to manage operational food safety and due diligence of regional DEMEA growers and monitors quality assurance in coolers. You keep track if processes and specifications regarding quality control are followed accordingly to ensure delight. Simultaneously, you keep up to date the regional applicable legislation regarding product quality and product safety.
You give direction in best practices for the total product compliance and flag (potential) compliance risks and issues by keeping track on the level of implementation and follow up (internal auditing of processes). Good cooperation and communication with Operations Management and QA operations is key for being successful in this role.
In the role of Compliance Manager North-East Europe, you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Internal auditing of processes and current projects related to quality assurance, food safety, social and environmental compliance and risk management. Ensure timely (internal) auditing for applicable processes bases on risk assessment and responsible for the planning and execution of internal compliance audits.
- Provide timely and correct communication on compliance gaps related to our business and related to our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and initiates design of N&E EU QA, FS, compliance standards.
- Risk assessment of quality assurance and food safety compliance critical business processes and responsible to handle QA and food safety related complaints, investigate root cause and reports within set time frame to relevant stakeholders.
- Have an active role in operational execution in case of crisis/recall.
- Coordinate distribution of quality assurance, food safety, social and environmental compliance standards & documentation to N&E EU compliance regions.
- Support the N&E EU /DEMEA regions to understand and address quality assurance, food safety and other compliance issues and impacts by country/geography in order to drive prioritization in and across the business where needed.
- Report to DEMEA compliance / operations on N&E EU quality assurance, food safety, procedure results and performance, as needed.
- Support into the response to relevant customer questionnaires & questions.
- Provide timely and correct communication on non- conformities and KPI’s towards internal and external stakeholders.
- Align FS/DD staff planning with forecasted volumes and seasonal trends. (budgeting).
- Actively participates in EMEA compliance meetings and projects.
- Provides coordination/activation to ensure maintaining external certifications of Driscoll’s cooler/office operations (Organic/BRC/IFS-broker) when applicable.
- Be the main contact / holding relationships with local authorities regarding legislation and information collection.
- Manages one direct report.
- Any other task assigned by management which is considered to be within the scope of the post holder.
As the new team member of the Compliance Team you are a self-starter with an entrepreneur mindset. You have a hands-on mentality, in which you are tactic, but with a sense for the daily operations. You search for changes and opportunities, and you are a good communicator on different levels and shows a critical thinking mindset. Furthermore, you like to build up relationships at all levels, continues wanting to learn, act customer oriented and communicate proactively. You are a team player who shows flexibility and who is capable to manage pressure. Additionally, you are willing to travel abroad within EU/EMEA region when needed for visiting our locations and growers.
For this role we are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Food Engineering, Agriculture or equivalent;
- Trained in Hygiene and Food Safety, HACCP and BRC food.
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of quality management systems (GMP/BRC/IFS/HACCP/GlobalGap/TNC/FtT);
- Excellent knowledge of English, a second European language is an advantage for this position;
- Experience in executing audits.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, expert level in Excel;
- Strong problem-solving skills in which you are able to make connections and be objective.
- Analytical skills
- Proactive attitude
- Service mindset
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.