About the vacancy
The goal of this position is to develop grower base in Iberia from a commercial perspective (mid/long term based). Reporting to Operations Manager Iberia, is responsible to elaborate development plan in the region according to the strategic plan and execute commercial actions needed with growers to; bring new and aligned growers, together with grower services; build and follow up investment for growth with growers, actively propose new varieties, cycles, techniques, incentives to increase grower return and grant investment and growth. Responsible to build and follow up P&L per grower. Together with Agronomy team, responsible for competition benchmark (Has, volumes, curves & prices).
Responsible of supporting Operations Manager on IBP mid/long term planning regarding new growers.
In this current job you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Build and Lead grower commercial plan for the region, together with Operations Manager.
- Understand grower economics, taking information from grower services, agronomy, forecast and finance and projecting growers finance health and investment options, cost structures based on open book policy and long term agreements for new growers.
- Together with Production Manager Iberia, agronomy team; responsible for competition bench mark reports and follow up. Coordination with grower services and nursery for plant availability and future plantings for new growers.
- Contribute for the Driscoll’s strategy implementation in the new growers.
- Strong connection with Breeding and AR team in order to accelerate the implementation and development of the new genetics in the new growers.
- Close coordination with SEI to sort best practices and anticipate and correct potential breaches.
- Close connection with Commercial department to understand customer & consumer needs and preferences, back to back deals options, customer requirements and advantages over competition to bring in best in class growers.
- Together with agronomy team, responsible of searching for new production areas in the region (focusing on blues and understanding supply gaps in DEMEA curves). Together with PMBs and finance, responsible from Iberia of building the Business cases integrated in DEMEA EBM for new production areas.
- Responsible of bringing DEMEA project pipeline (paperpack, IBM, QC, 4PL, etc) to new growers and guide negotiations based on return on investment and long term profitability to them.
- Any other task assigned by management, which is considered to be within the scope of the post holder.
Education & training
- Degree in Agronomy or similar (Forest Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science). Economic/financial competences, preferably MBA postgrad or similar.
- Min. 7 years’ experience in the Agribusiness in Iberia;
- Preferable working in an international dynamic environment;
- Experience as commercial manager in the berry industry min 5 years;
- Previous technical experience with berries min 2 years.
Skills & behaviors
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excel;
- Advanced level of English;
- Advanced level of Portuguese;
- Advance level of Spanish;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Pro-active attitude;
- Focus and prioritization.
- Commercial Mindset;
- Strategic Mindset;
- Cultivates innovation;
- Plans & Aligns;
- Drives results;
- Drives engagement;
- Travel requirements (40% of the time);
- European driver’s license;
- Occasional weekend and evening shifts are part of the position;
- Preferably residence in Huelva.
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™