About the vacancy
This is a temporary position in the breeding department and focused on supporting breeders and variety development managers by providing day-to-day support for the breeding database. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring all breeding database systems are performing to a high level. You will be proactively involved in a number of areas including system security, data auditing and user administration. You will support and train users on our breeding database system and on the implementation of reporting functions in the breeding database system, support the use of special breeding hardware like label printers and mobile devices, contribute to the development of the breeding database system and surrounding tools. You will be expected to be familiar with all aspects of Data Base Administrator (DBA) role either through direct DBA experience or by having worked in a role which had direct interaction with database technologies. This is a temporary position untill the end of 2018
- Entering and uploading weekly postharvest data into Global Breeding Database.
- Producing weekly reports for breeders and crop managers.
- Analyzing harvest and postharvest data, visualizing data in ‘Tableau’. Transforming results into presentable power point format.
- Performing statistical analysis.
- Maintaining and managing iForm application for breeders and variety development managers.
- Managing field label requirements for the North European test plots.
- Develop tutorials related to database use and functionalities.
- Assist Plant Breeders and Variety developers in various database related issues and drive results by finding quick, efficient and innovative solutions for data management and interpretation.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer or Data Sciences or alternative subject related to the field.
- Working knowledge of ‘R’-programing and JMP statistical software is required.
- Interest, experience and knowledge of using database software (Oracle, SQL, Access).
- Experience in creating enhanced tools for easier data sharing, mining, visualization and data retrieval of soft fruit research data.
- Interest in data processing and management.
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of IT staff and users is essential, and you will be expected to provide dedicated and proactive support.
- Strong user skills of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of basic biological principles in plant sciences is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have initiative and be a self-starter. She/he will have a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, be independent and able to deliver on time requirements. Good problem solving and great communication skills are a must. The position is within a highly diverse intercultural team. Cross cultural or previous international experience is a plus, but not required.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact: Vasco Costa / firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated