About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious, Procurement Manager, who wants to become part of our great team.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is to create and implement EMEA procurement strategies that are relevant to the business and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within the enterprise & industry.”
In this position you will try to build long-term relationships with growers, growers organization, suppliers & stakeholders. And also structure the Berries procurement process in order to work at two levels. One to supply the gaps in our Demand-Supply process and secondly a process in case of urgent needs from business or to cover unexpected events.
But you are the person who closes the deals within all parties of EMEA to be clear in accountabilities (quantities, prices, quality) in order to succeed in procuring and to build the Driscoll’s name as partner company.
You are to compare proposals for price and specifications, negotiate with vendors to secure costs & improve service levels. In this is having a clear view of the business impact to improve the margin creation and the business development. Besides that:
- You use the Berries supply network to get input on the market trends, on the potential future developments and on the potential sources we could consider;
- You review and negotiate contracts / deals & specifications on behalf of the company;
- You will lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency;
- You will also work towards service level KPI’s and ensure timely reporting to the organization;
- You will also make sure that the needs of the business are ensured with Sales.
As growers are mainly situated in the south of Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English and Spanish language must be excellent. As we deal with fresh fruit our business does not commit itself to Monday until Friday. This is a flexible and dynamic position and means you will be reachable in the weekends, like to travel and sometime will be from home for multiple days in a row.
- A Master / Bachelor Degree and a more than 7 years of relevant working experience within an international business or within an international role;
- Good and proven knowledge on Berries business is a must;
- Experience in Fruit & Vegetable or Fresh Produce is a big advantage;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Planning and organizing are words that sound familiar to you;
- You have a strong business sense and entrepreneurial qualities;
- You are also a team player and capable to handle pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, are self-supportive and service oriented;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of budgeting and economical influences.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated