About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious, finance driven Assistant Controller Northern Europe, who wants to become part of our great Accounting team.
The accounting department is responsible for the accurate and timely recording, reconciliation, analysis and statutory accounting of the North European entities, including payrolling. Consolidation and reporting of all EMEA entities to local and global management is also part of our job. Besides that, we establish, improve and maintain (accounting) processes and manuals in close consideration with the business.
The Department is responsible for compliance with statutory and local legislation including tax compliance.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is to work, in close cooperation with the controller, on the month end, statutory and audit related activities”
The Assistant Controller is back up for the monthly consolidation process and drives process and reporting improvements in general.
As the Northern European Assistant Controller you are responsible for the timely, complete and accurate execution and reporting of month end processes in accordance to internal agreed guidelines/checklists (US GAAP) and for the accurate inventories flows and related operations on a monthly basis. You will also prepare documentation and reconciliations needed.
Besides this, you:
- You assist the Controller Northern Europe relating to the Management reporting, such as margin analysis and balance sheet review;
- You are the back up for the Consolidation & Reporting specialist related to the monthly European consolidation and reporting;
- You also assist with a timely preparation of the yearly Statutory accounts (Dutch GAAP, UK GAAP);
- Considering process improvement, you will work in cross-functional teams to improve subsidiary accounting and financial reporting processes;
- You will help to ensure compliance with all global audit and internal control compliance requirements.
You will work mainly from the European HQ in Breda. As our clients and also colleagues our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent.
- A bachelor Degree in Accounting/ Business Administration and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounting/finance/reporting;
- Experience with Retail/Wholesale, Fruit & Vegetable or Fresh Produce is a big advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel;
- Knowledge of working with ERP-solutions;
- Strong analytical skills, a team player and capable to handle pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, self-supportive and service oriented;
- And knowledge of budgeting and economical influences.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Linda Ruijten, HR Business Partner: email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated