About the vacancy
The accounting department is responsible for:
- The accurate and timely recording, reconciliation, analysis and statutory accounting and payroll of the Northern European entities
- Consolidation and reporting of all DEMEA entities to local and global management
- Establish and maintain accounting processes and manuals
- Compliance with statutory and local legislation and reporting
GOAL OF THE POSITION / KEY RESULTS AREA
The assistant controller works close (be the right hand) to the controller on month end, statutory and audit related activities. The controller is back up for the monthly consolidation process and grower cost calculation.
- Responsible for the timely, complete and accurate execution of the month end processes in accordance to internal agreed guidelines/checklist;
- Responsible for the accurate inventories flows and related operations on a monthly basis;
- Ensures the accurate tax flows, statistics compliance and reports;
- Interacts with other departments to improve pro-actively (accounting) processes affecting the companies financials;
- Prepare documentation and reconciliations needed;
- Assists the Controller Northern Europe relating to the Management reporting, such as margin analysis and balance sheet review
- Back up for the Consolidation & Reporting specialist related to the monthly European consolidation;
- Back up for the monthly grower return calculation (preliminary)
- Assists with a timely preparation of the yearly Statutory accounts (Dutch GAAP, UK GAAP);
- Process Improvement: Will work in cross-functional teams, as required to improve subsidiary accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Corporate Governance: Will help ensure compliance with all global audit and internal control compliance requirements.
- Will represent Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, governmental agencies, and customers of Driscoll’s and ensure the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary and confidential information. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Any other tasks requested by management which is expected to be within the job holders qualities and qualifications.
Education & training
- Completed HBO degree/Accounting/ Business Administration
- Min. 3 years of professional accounting/finance/reporting experience, preferably working experience in a consumer products or agricultural company.
Skills & behaviors
o Excellent communication skills
o Advanced level of English
o Strong problem solving skills
o Analytical skills
o Pro-active attitude
o Service mindset
o Process oriented
o Shows critical sense
– Driscoll’s leadership competencies
o Strategic Mindset
o Cultivates innovation
o Plans & Aligns
o Drives results
Other relevant competencies
o Experience with Dutch GAAP, US GAAP and with different legal and managerial books
o Knowledge/experience of consolidation principles
o Experience with large ERP software: Tagetik, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics
o Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excel
– Occasionally travel
– European driver’s license
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated, thank you!