About the vacancy
Would you like to share our passion for berries?
We are looking for an ambitious Agronomist for our German Business, who wants to become part of our Plant Production Department. As an agronomist you are mainly working independently after an intensive onboarding time ‘in the field’, visiting our growers and test plots.
What do you say when someone asks what you do all day?
“My main focus is will give advice to growers and tests regarding strawberry, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry production.”
You help growers to produce maximum profits by decreasing fruit waste and increasing yield of delightful fruit for our consumers and customers. Next to that, you work very close with applied research, production management, breeding and nursery to make sure we can deliver the finest berries to our customers and to contribute to the optimization of growing our berries in the nearby future.
In your role as an agronomist for Germany you are also responsible to build & maintain grower relationships. Furthermore, you help the planning and forecast team with production estimates for your growers.
- Help define grower’s requirements for Production Guides and transfer of knowledge to and from other regions;
- Give feedback on needs for applied research in Driscoll’s Test Plots and help to grow On Farm Trials to improve new genetic selections performance and ensure their successful commercialization.
- Implement new techniques and innovative processes.
- Be a connection to Nursery, Breeding and Research and help to organize field days demonstrations and tours to show high potential (new) genetic selections to growers;
- Help update Cultivars and advanced selections Production Guides;
- Help consult in growing test plots that support the work of research and breeding departments in the districts. Prepare reports of visits to growers and test plots;
- Help planning & forecast team to produce on demand facilitate on production estimate.
You will be mainly ‘in the field’ visiting our growers. Therefore, regular travel throughout the region Germany is required. Your German language skills must be outstanding. As your co-workers our situated all over Europe, your verbal and non-verbal skills in the English language must be excellent.
- Master or Bachelor of Science (Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology or a related field) with an extended knowledge of Plant physiology
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience preferably in berries.
- Must have knowledge of resource usage, plant health and pest pressure assessment,
- Also knowledge of soil, substrate, climate and agricultural practices and understand factors that drive sustainability;
- Besides that you have experience with the management of data from field plots.
- Excellent communication skills with a great attention to detail;
- Self-starter wit strong problem solving skills;
- Pro-active attitude, Hands-on, interest to embrace challenges and able to work independently;
- Flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discrete.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market led by our EMEA headquarters in The Netherlands. We are a family owned company, established in California, with a true love for berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s has grown to be represented on each continent. We truly believe that our delicious fruits can make any ordinary moment in life more special. Help us to spread the berry joy and become our new team member!
Find out more about our organisation at: www.driscolls.eu
For more information, please contact Ronald Dankers, our Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA : +31653956083/ email@example.com.
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated