About the vacancy
Driscoll’s, located in Breda, is looking for an accounts receivable specialist who is eager to contribute to our beloved berry brand within the EMEA region. A unique opportunity to work for a strong consumer brand where you can truly make an impact within a highly relevant category. In this role, you will be part of our international accounts receivable team, operating in a complex, dynamic and global environment with various stakeholders. Do you want to join us in our journey to offer more sustainable solutions for the berry category? Then we are looking for you!
The execution of this role can be done from one of our EMEA offices in; The Netherlands, Spain or Portugal.
The goal of the department is to have a solid debtors portfolio with no large open overdue balances and a good relationship with the customer and other departments within Driscolls.
Within this role you are, together with your colleagues, responsible for building and maintaining a good relationship with our customers within Europe, Africa and the Middle East. You will be in daily contact with customers to solve the potential issues claims and to collect the outstanding invoices.
As accounts receivable specialist you are responsible for the entire debtors process. You are responsible for invoicing, processing credit notes and the collection of the outstanding invoices for fruit, plants and nurseries. Therefore you work daily in close collaboration with the sales, outbound and grower settlement team.
You will post bank transactions and together with the team you work on the month-end closing and year-end audits.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor education in Finance (or Finance related)
- 3+ years of experience in a similar financial position
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and responsive to others
- Good communication skills in English verbal and in writing, French, Spanish and/or Arabic is a pré
- Preferable experience with working in an international and dynamic environment
Skills & behaviors
- Process oriented with good planning skills
- Eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic with the ability to meet deadlines
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm
- Thrives on close collaboration with commercial colleagues
- Flexible, hands-on, autonomous and team player with good interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and networking skills and responsive to others, you thrive on close collaboration with commercial colleagues
In addition to an attractive salary, we offer you the opportunity to contribute constructively to the growth of our ambitious organization. Our success as a company depends on an environment in which our people are energetic, motivated and driven to perform at the highest level. You can be the linchpin in this! In addition, we offer:
- Profit Sharing based on company results;
- Flexibility; working remote for a few days per week;
- Everyday access to our delightful berries in the office;
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of our ambitious organization;
- Work within a dynamic, young, passionate and international team;
- Family-owned business with strong Mission and Values.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries.
Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world. Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™. For more information, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com