About the vacancy
The Account Manager UK is responsible for the day to day management of the customer and all sales activities involved. Based on the customer strategy and Driscoll’s own strategy you build an account plan to deliver growth in line with targets.
This is all achieved whilst optimizing price in the market. The role requires strong cooperation with the other Account Managers and sales support as well as cross functional cooperation with areas such as Supply Chain (Scheduling, Logistics and Integrated Business Planning), Operations (Quality and Growers) and more.
The dynamic nature of the business requires good listening and communication skills, quick thinking and the ability to solve problems quickly.
As Account Manager UK, you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for a trusted, aligned and sustainable relationship with your customers. You build joint business plans with your customers which are successful for both parties.
- Responsible for achieving the target goals per account to deliver regional and company targets.
- Responsible to achieve the optimal possible price for the berries relative to the market.
- Manage independently the customer contacts: offers, market information on daily and weekly base, builds relationship with the customers, selling products, taking the orders and order programs, informs the customer about the orders, prices and volumes available on weekly terms.
- Manage administrative aspects according to the defined Driscoll’s process. Manage the sales orders with accuracy and on time with the customer with cooperation from Sales Support.
- Following up the orders, checking orders to be correct before releasing invoices.
- Analyze statistics volume and revenue per customer versus the plan. Manage the dynamics of the business using scenarios to anticipate events and ensure the targets are met. Act on the stats with renewed plans and initiatives to move customer in the aimed direction.
- Work on Category plans for growth in close cooperation with the customers and category development team. Indicate the opportunities and materialize them with semi-objective category management team.
- Attends and pro-actively participates in daily and weekly sales meetings to re-align latest actuals, followed with activation or lower availability management to the customer.
- Any other task requested by management which is considered to be within the scope of responsibility of the position.
- Completed University degree preferably in the area of commerce.
- Working experience of 2-5 years in similar positions or high-profile account support role.
- Preferably experience in an international and dynamic (retail) sales environment.
- Knowledge of the product range, competitive landscape and the retail market dynamics.
- Excellent listening skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- You’re a connector. You know how to build trusted relationships and how to sustain them in- and externally;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Microsoft Office and Dynamics experience Pro-active attitude;
- Service mindset;
- Team player;
- Analytical skills;
- Accurate in administration;
- Passion for fresh product and interest for food.
- Languages skills are an advantage;
- Travel requirements 25% of the time;
- UK driver’s license;
- Occasional off-hour shifts are part of the position (no 9-17).
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™