About the vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated Account Manager who shares our passion for berries and wants to become part of our young and energetic team. The Account manager role is a commercial position based in the UK reporting to the UK Regional sales Manager. It is an in-market position with the person responsible for managing the supply versus demand of berries to the UK and Irish retailer customers, in coordination with our distributor partners. The aim of the position would be to ensure the business secures longer-term customer plans that reduce trading behaviour, builds trust through visibility and communication. In addition to distributor sales, there is also a responsibility for direct business with Costco and Wholefoods as part of a direct global relationship.
The objective of the planning role is to make sure we have a strong relationship with our customers and to have more visibility in the UK market. We are planning the sales, aligning the internal departments on the volume and ensuring functions are adequately prepared to meet service levels. Since the business is fast moving and dynamic approach, it requires a big focus on process. Primary focus is to strengthen the relationships with our customer partners to achieve long-term sustainable budgeted growth.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, you will work closely together to ensure that you are executing to agreed plans on the short term and jointly preparing the execution and communication (internal and external) of plans on the medium and longer term. A high level of dynamic communication is needed to adapt to changes in the market, and to ensure a high level of service to customers. A high level of accountability is expected for this role. You will work closely with account managers in Breda, Holland in liaison with sales operations and Product business managers who support the supply side of the customer programing of all 4 berries.
The position is one that requires the person to plan his/her own time between the office in East Malling Kent, the distributor office and packing facility and the retailer customers. It is helpful to maintain contact with the European head office Breda and plan regular visits in person to supplement mostly webex and telephone contact. Ability to work remotely and be self-driven is important.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Planning volumes and prices (with the PBMs) of all berries with the Breda based team to be able to take to the distributor and plan end customer sales.
- Planning volumes by variety for the UK will be important together with close liaison with food safety departments on preseason preparation and identification of UK approved growers.
- Work on reducing supply chain complexities with the use of standardisation and bulk.
- Forge a closer working relationship with the distributor sales team building trust which enables you the unique opportunity to attend internal meetings and joint customer meetings, becoming the in market ambassidor for Driscolls.
- Attendance of customer and distributor meetings representing Driscolls supply
- Be the eyes and ears for activity in the market.
- Using unique knowledge of customers be able to assist with the formation of business cases to possiblly sell the Driscolls Brand in the UK market.
- From time to time assist with managing administrational aspects of the business to ensure customers follow Driscolls accounts procedure is important.
- Managing customer service and creating internal transparency around our performance is important.
- Following up the orders, answering questions on supply as necessary.
- Use statistical analysis, reports to monitor sales revenue per client to ensure you execute to your plan and deliver on the grower ecomics in the enterprise.
- Managing and communicating quality complaints in close cooperation with QM and sales support department will be required aswell as aligning the wider business.
You have the ideal candidate profile, when you are have/ are:
- Completed Bachelor (HBO) degree
- Minimum Working experience of 4 years
- Proven track record in sales
- Preferably experience in an international and dynamic (retail) sales environment
- Knowledge UK retailers a requirement
- Knowledge of berries (a big advantage)
- Accurate in administration and presentation skills
- Is able to work with the modern software such as excel, word, PowerPoint.
- Flexible, fast, pro-active, enthusiastic, self-supportive, service oriented
- High communication skills
- Team player
- Passion for fresh product and interest for food
- High responsibility level
- Open for learning new things
- Need for a driving license
- You are passionate, humble and trustworthy;
You master the English language (verbal and non-verbal). Having a good understanding of another European language (Dutch, French or Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
Alongside a competitive wage, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company hinges on creating an enabling environment where our people are energised, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is developing a strong position in the European berry market from their EMEA headquarters in Breda. Our family-owned company operates for over 100 years and we are totally dedicated to berries. Over the years, Driscoll’s, which started out in California, has grown to be represented on each continent. As our dynamic European organization is growing rapidly, we are looking for an ambitious new colleague!
More information? Contact: Saskia van der Hoest – Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA
Visit our website(s) for further information: www.driscolls.eu and www.driscolls.com
Acquisition regarding this job opening is not appreciated.