About the vacancy
As Account Manager DACH you are responsible for the day to day management of all sales activities involved with the customer(s). You are responsible for the preparation and execution of the sales plan (which will ultimately deliver DEMEA objectives and budget) as well as meeting/managing the customers expectation around service. This is all achieved whilst optimizing price in the market.
The dynamic nature of the business requires excellent communication, quick thinking and the ability to solve problems quickly.
As Account Manager DACH, you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving the budget goals per account to deliver regional and company budget.
- Responsible to achieve the optimal possible price for the berries relative to the market.
- Manage independently the client contacts: offers, market information on daily and weekly base, builds relationship with the customers, selling products, taking the orders and order programs, checking the fruit availability, informs the customer about the orders, prices and volumes available on weekly terms.
- Manage administrative aspects according to the defined Driscolls process. Manage the sales orders with accuracy and on time with the customer with cooperation from the Sales Assistant.
- Following up the orders, checking orders to be correct before releasing invoices.
- Analyze statistics volume and revenue per client versus the plan. Manage the dynamics of the business using scenarios to anticipate events and ensure the budget targets are met. (re)Act on the stats with renewed plans and initiatives to move customer in the aimed direction.
- Work on Category plans for growth in close cooperation with the customers and category development team. Indicate the opportunities and materialize them with semi-objective category management team.
- Solve quality complaints in close cooperation with Quality Management (part of Customer Excellence Team) and “Sales” Support department.
- Attends and pro-actively participates in daily and weekly sales meetings to re-align latest actuals, followed with activation or lower availability management to the customer.
- Any other task requested by management which is considered to be within the scope of responsibility of the position.
Education & Training
- Completed Bachelor (HBO) degree preferably in the area of commerce.
- Working experience of 2-5 years in similar positions or high-profile account support role.
- Preferably experience in an international and dynamic (retail) sales environment.
- Knowledge of the product range, competitive landscape and the retail market dynamics in DACH.
Skills & behaviors
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Microsoft Dynamics experience;
- self motivated and a pro-active attitude;
- Service oriented;
- Team player;
- Analytical skills and attention to figures;
- Accurate in administration;
- Passion for fresh product and interest for food;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, expert level in Excel.
- Command of the German and English language, Dutch is a plus.
- Travel requirements 30% of the time.
- European driver’s license.
- Occasional off-hour shifts are part of the position (no 9-17).
Alongside a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our experienced and ambitious organisation. Our success as a company depends on a creating an enabling environment where our people are energized, motivated, and empowered to perform at their highest level.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™